80 Main Street, Sutter Creek, California ~ ~ ~ Attempted Hours: Open Daily 11am-5pm, Closed Tuesdays

Thursday, April 28, 2016

Getting back to blogging!

I had to take a little break from my blog - - ok, a long break.  The last three years have been a whirlwind....

In the fall of 2013 we were finally able to refinance the construction loan for our new home. Sounds like such a simple thing. It took us ten stressful months and we came oh so close to loosing our beautiful new home.  Just one month after that huge weight was lifted another took its place.

Three days before Thanksgiving my mom was hit by a pickup while crossing the street in a nearby town.  She actually flew onto the hood of the truck then rolled into the street when he stopped.  Her hip was crushed. She had emergency surgery and endured over a year of physical therapy. She had been a nurse for 35 years and was forced to retire because of her injuries.  As horrible as it was there were so many things to be thankful for.  She was alive.  She had no head trauma. We live on the same property so I was nearby to help with showers, meals, housekeeping and laundry.  And, I have an amazing family - my father, siblings, husband and kids were all there to lend a helping hand.  After the accident Mom's leg was almost an inch shorter. This gave her a terrible limp and increasing pain. In February, 2015 she had a second surgery - a total hip replacement. Thanks to her miraculous surgeon, physical therapy and a lot of hard work she is back on her feet.  As my daughter says, she is "Nanny no cane".

In the middle of all that my husband got a great new job as a fire fighter/dozer operator for Cal Fire. He was hired in September of 2014 and stationed in Woodlake, CA - - just miles from his hometown of Exeter, CA.  He started months of schooling.  Back to back training that lasted until June 2015. And it taught me very quickly what life is like as a single mom!  His station is almost four hours away.  He is generally gone 3-4 days a week with the longest stretch last fall lasting about three weeks.  It has been a blessing and an adjustment for our entire family.

While I was juggling two kids, a full-time job running my shop and helping out with Mom my blog disappeared from my thoughts.  Completely.  Entirely.  In January I resolved to keep it updated and do at least one post a month.  Well, here it is April and I'm finally doing it!

So, yes, The Antique Gardener is open!  Business has been amazingly good the last year and Sutter Creek is booming with several great new shops and restaurants opening.  There are also some amazing wineries that have opened tasting rooms in town.  We have survived wildfires, drought and are enjoying an economy on the rise.

Please excuse me if I'm not able to update our blog on a regular basis.  Instead check us out on Instagram or Facebook which are a little easier for me to keep up to date. The shop is really full this time of year with a good selection of plants, antiques and other treasures. So come relax in the garden or take a class.  Check out one of the many events happening in Sutter Creek in the next few months. Or, just stop in and say hello!

Happy Spring!
Aimee

3 comments:

  1. Hi Aimee. I happened to be scrolling through my side bar, which I don't do as often as I should, and saw that you were back. Boy, you have had some rough few months. Hope things are settling in more to normal now. I have dropped in the shop a few times as my sister lives in Sutter Creek but must have been on your days off. Just wanted to say hello and welcome you back..Happy
    Weekend..Judy from Grass Valley

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you are looking for any kind of loan such as Home loan, Loan against property, Drop line overdraft project finance loan, working capital loan and any such kind of loan then Loan has solution to all your problems related to Loan services and details. Simply visit our Email (urgentloan22@gmail.com) and get all kind of assistance related to Loan and ensure your dreams turn into reality with this Loan Company.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your article.
    http://estates.uonbi.ac.ke/

    ReplyDelete